Order Paper for the 3rd Reading of the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill says that it will be read today
BUT as I was talking to John Bank’s office this morning they told me differently
Today is MEMBERS DAY
Tomorrow is the day for the BILLS
The Order paper only mentions today for both Members Day and the Bills. We spoke about the large volumne of business and Bills that they have to get through and the person I spoke to said that they only get through the first few on the list.
(I have just rung another MP’s office and I was told that the Order Paper can be changed around as well. So at this stage we are expecting the 3rd Reading to be tomorrow sometime but don’t be surpised if that changes.)
The Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill 3rd Reading is 2nd on the list.
The Government will begin reading the Bills on this list around about 4pm tomorrow. The first Bill has 12 ten minute speeches so it will probably finish at 6pm. This is why I am thinking that the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill 3rd reading will begin at 7:30pm with its 12 ten minute speeches. So I expect the vote to be around about 9:30pm.
BUT if you would like to listen to the speeches and the vote then please keep checking all afternoon as there is no firm schedule for when this will all happen (it could be changed to around about 4pm).
The 2nd Reading Vote:
61 For (National 59, ACT Party 1, United Future 1)
So that means we may have all day today and most of tomorrow to write emails and to ring Peter Dunne and John Banks.
If you have not emailed and rung Peter Dunne and John Banks please do so immediately.
Peter Dunne: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
John Banks: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Put in your subject line as the MPs might not be able to read every email if they get a lot of emails: Please vote against the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
My emails for you to use as a guide targeting their stand on this issue from their Party ideals:
Please also ring the MPs. You will probably not be able to talk to the MPs. I have been trying to ring them for several days and I only get their secretaries. When you ring them please make sure you tell the secretaries that you want the MP to vote against the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill while the Social and Work Obligations and Sanctions are still in the Bill.
ACT: John Banks (04) 817 9999 (corrected phone number-you will be transferred to his office)
United Future: Peter Dunne 04 817 6827
THE ISSUES as I see them again:
We will fight this Bill:
1. While ECE is compulsory for any 3 and 4 year old child
2. While the Government is making it compulsory for any mother to have to go to work while she still has children at home
3. While it is compulsory for any child to have to complete the Well Child Checks
4. While our freedoms are slowly being taken from us
Peter Dunne has changed his vote in the past at the 3rd Reading. So although it is very rare for a Bill to have a different outcome at the 3rd Reading from the 2nd Reading we have lots of hope that this Bill will be one of those rare Bills to change at the 3rd Reading.
So please, please, please write emails and ring these two MPs. It will be the volumne of emails and phone calls that will sway these MPs.
Thankyou to everyone who writes an email and/or rings Peter Dunne and/or John Banks.
In 1877 New Zealanders lost the freedom to educate our children at home without applying for permission. Our forefathers let us down by not standing up for their rights.
In 2013, will we be the generation that begins to lose the freedom to preschool our own children, to make our own decisions about health care, or to invest our time in our families above a job?
We say NO
Let us protect the children of Beneficiaries
Because this could extend to ALL children
if this passes
SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
Please feel free to repost, forward or pass on this email
Please do so with the whole post. Thankyou
- 3rd Reading of the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill TODAY
- 3rd Reading of the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Home Education Foundation’s email to Peter Dunne
- Home Education Foundation’s email to John Banks
- Media Release 23 – Social Security Bill Passes Second Reading
- Videos of the 2nd Reading of the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Please ring as many MPs as you can today before 2pm
- Please email the MPs today before 2pm
- Second reading TODAY for the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill 13 March 2013 – still wanting: Action Station
- Media Release 21 – Parents Unhappy with Select Committee Report on Social Security Bill
- Long days at nursery or with childminders ‘raising a generation of school tearaways’
- Peaceful Protest TODAY outside a MPs Electorate Office – Are you going?
- Media Release 21 – Call for Peaceful Protests on Social Security Bill
- Current Social Services Select Committee Members: Urgent action required
- Media Release 20 – Accidents, Escapes Plague Early Childhood Centres
- Media Release 19 – Social Security Bill Work Focus Will Make Life Harder for Mums
- Media Release 18 – How Home-Based Child Care Saves the Government Money
- Media Release 17 –Preschool Bad for Children, Says Swedish Parental Rights Advocate
- URGENT ACTION required: Social Security Bill
- Media Release 16 – Call For Letter Writing Campaign Against Social Security Bill
- Media Release 15 – Home Educators Appeal To Human Rights Commission On ‘Discriminatory’ Social Security Bill
- Social Security Bill and the Human Rights Commission
- Home Educators on Benefits
- John Key: Let us target and focus more on those who are in need
- New Zealand, Sweden and the Johanssons
- Contacting the Select Committee
- International Human Rights Day 10 December 2012
- Media Release 14 – Social Security Bill Is Unjustifiably Discriminatory, Says NZ Law Society
- Media Release 13 – Australian Benefit Reforms Bow to Parents’ Rights
- A few more tips when giving an oral submission
- More experiences before the Select Committee
- Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill: Best Scenario?
- Home Educators happy with benefit revamp in Australia
- Kate’s oral submission and some questions
- Submissions published for the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Presenting Oral Submission to Social Services Select Committee
- About Early Child Care in Sweden
- ECE linked to obesity in kids: study
- BERLIN DECLARATION
- Media Release 12 – Early Childhood Education Brings Social Drawbacks, Uncertain Benefits
- New Zealand Law Society Submission
- Australians have common sense where it seems our NZ Government does not
- ECE (Preschool) is no good for 4, 5 and possibly 6 year olds expert says
- Presenting an oral submission to the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Social Services Select Committee members
- Barbara Smith’s submission
- Media Release 11 – Parents Are Responsible for Education, Says HEF National Director
- Media Release 10 – Preschool Associated With Social and Academic Disadvantage
- A Bit of Political Advice to Home Educators by Craig Smith
- Samuel Blight’s submission
- Home Education Foundation’s submission
- Media Release 9 – Social Security Bill Should Treat Home Education as a Legitimate Choice
- Media Release 8 – Social Security Bill Will Cause Real Hardship to Real People
- Family Integrity’s submission
- Media Release 7 – Paula Bennett’s One-Size-Fits-All Approach Leaves Parents With No Options
- 2nd letter from Paula Bennett to Barbara Smith
- Why should I put a submission into the Select Committee about the beneficiaries?
- Media Release 6 – Social Security Bill Will Punish Responsible Parents Who ‘Can’t Be Bought’
- Beneficiaries: Policy and Law
- 66 Submissions
- Submission: Trafficking, extortion, kidnapping, slavery and deception
- Media Release 5 – Beneficiary Parents “Not Able to Home School” Under Social Security Bill
- Media Release 4 – Social Security Bill Targets Responsible Parents for Toughest Penalties
- Letter from Paula Bennett to Samuel Blight
- Opinion Piece in Truth
- Possible timeline for Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Media Release 3 – Social Security Bill’s ECE Obligations Breach Human Rights
- Media Release 2 – Vulnerable Children Not Benefited By Social Security Bill
- Media Release 1 – Social Security Bill Coerces Parents, Removes Freedom
- Make a submission: Reject compulsory Early Education for 3 year olds
- Some of the main links
- Comment on Q+A: Social Development Minister Paula Bennett
- Human Rights in New Zealand Today: The right to education
- Raymond S. Moore on Early Childhood Centres
- Should preschool be compulsory?
- TVNZ One this morning Q&A with Paula Bennett
- Maxim Institute: What is best for children?
- HUGE Concerns over the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Letter from Paula Bennett concerning beneficaries and home education to Barbara Smith
- Toby Manhire on Benefit-slaying Nats starting to look plain nasty
- Linking welfare to preschool attendance a world first
- New Update on: How will the new Social obligations which will be required of all beneficiary parents effect home schoolers?
- How will the new Social obligations which will be required of all beneficiary parents effect home schoolers?
From the Smiths:
Updated 5 October 2012: One year on (Craig Smith’s Health) page 7 click here
Needing help for your home schooling journey:
Here are a couple of links to get you started home schooling:
This link is motivational: http://hef.org.nz/2012/home-schooling-what-is-it-all-about/
Exemption Form online: http://hef.org.nz/2012/home-schooling-exemption-form-now-online/
Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill