online link to make your Submission online HERE
(go to bottom of page)
You need to complete the verification check before they can access the submissions page.
There is no need to do two submissions when you do it online. You only need to do it once!
Please also make sure that your submission has been accepted and that you get a Reference number.
Submissions close TODAY 1 November 2012
Do you want compulsory education
for 3 – 16 year olds?
Do you want it to be compulsory to have to enrol with a General Practitioner and to complete core WellChild/Tamariki Ora checks?
“Do you believe YOU should be forced to send your children to Early Childhood Education (ECE)?
Then stand up for the beneficiaries who’ll be forced to do just that!
Otherwise, when they come for YOUR children, what will you say?”
The Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill 2012 is wanting to bring this in for all beneficiaries.
This legislation must be TOTALLY REJECTED — WHY?
In 1877 New Zealanders lost the freedom to educate our children at home without applying for permission. Our forefathers let us down by not standing up for their rights.
In 2012, will we be the generation that begins to lose the freedom to preschool our own children, to make our own decisions about health care, or to invest our time in our families above a job?
We say NO
Let us protect the children of Beneficiaries
Because this could extend to ALL children
if this passes
SPEAK NOW OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE
The Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill sponsored by National MP Paula Bennett has been sent to a Government Select Committee. This means that people like you can make a submission (short or long) and have your say direct to the MP’s. And we want to help you every step of the way so as to make the task as simple as possible. The 1st reading in Parliament showed that only 19 MP’s need to change their vote to NO in order to defeat this bill. It is vital that as many people as possible show their support for beneficiaries and help to fight to overturn this Bill which, if passed, will mean beneficiaries children will have to:
attend 15 hours a week Early Childhood Education (ECE) from age 3
attend school from age five or six
enrol with a General Practitioner
complete core WellChild/Tamariki Ora checks
“But this wont be all. Watch what will happen next. The Government will say that this is working so well for beneficiaries (and it wont be) that they will want it to apply to everyone on the WFF and Family Support. Then eventually ALL 3- 5 year olds in a few years time.”
Click here for the Memorandum – Working paper
KEY POINTS – These are the key reasons, and can help form the basis of your own Submissions
*** Click here to download Pamphlet for printing and giving out to people (Hint for printing choose 2 sided print flip on short side)
*** Click here for the flyers for handing out to people
HINTS – We have also included some handy hints to help you get your message across in the links above
SUBMISSION FORM – Don’t know where to start? We’ve done it for you! Use the default Submission form to get started.
There is also an online link to make your Submission online HERE (go to bottom of page)
Some submissions HERE (66 submissions here so far)
Official Government Link for this Bill HERE
Please also write to the Members of Parliament (MPs)
Please note: SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY 1 November 2012 (They will not accept late submissions.)
Please encourage others to send in a submission
Let us protect the children of Beneficiaries
Remember it could extend to ALL children if this passes
Home Education Foundation
P O Box 9064
If you would like to make a donation towards the Lawyers help on this please deposit in this account Home Education Foundation 030726 0495399 00 or send a cheque or visa details to the address above. Please include your personal details if you would like a tax deductible receipt.
- Media Release 7 – Paula Bennett’s One-Size-Fits-All Approach Leaves Parents With No Options
- 2nd letter from Paula Bennett to Barbara Smith
- Why should I put a submission into the Select Committee about the beneficiaries?
- Media Release 6 – Social Security Bill Will Punish Responsible Parents Who ‘Can’t Be Bought’
- Beneficiaries: Policy and Law
- 66 Submissions
- Submission: Trafficking, extortion, kidnapping, slavery and deception
- Media Release 5 – Beneficiary Parents “Not Able to Home School” Under Social Security Bill
- Media Release 4 – Social Security Bill Targets Responsible Parents for Toughest Penalties
- Letter from Paula Bennett to Samuel Blight
- Opinion Piece in Truth
- Possible timeline for Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Media Release 3 – Social Security Bill’s ECE Obligations Breach Human Rights
- Media Release 2 – Vulnerable Children Not Benefited By Social Security Bill
- Media Release 1 – Social Security Bill Coerces Parents, Removes Freedom
- Make a submission: Reject compulsory Early Education for 3 year olds
- Some of the main links
- Comment on Q+A: Social Development Minister Paula Bennett
- Human Rights in New Zealand Today: The right to education
- Raymond S. Moore on Early Childhood Centres
- Should preschool be compulsory?
- TVNZ One this morning Q&A with Paula Bennett
- Maxim Institute: What is best for children?
- HUGE Concerns over the Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill
- Letter from Paula Bennett concerning beneficaries and home education
- Toby Manhire on Benefit-slaying Nats starting to look plain nasty
- Linking welfare to preschool attendance a world first
- New Update on: How will the new Social obligations which will be required of all beneficiary parents effect home schoolers?
- How will the new Social obligations which will be required of all beneficiary parents effect home schoolers?
From the Smiths:
Updated 1 October 2012: One year on (Craig Smith’s Health) page 7 click here
Needing help for your home schooling journey:
Here are a couple of links to get you started home schooling:
This link is motivational:
Social Security (Benefit Categories and Work Focus) Amendment Bill