06 Sep 2006
This is the first of what I hope will be many emails of encouragement to young ladies like myself: girls who have come out of the workforce or left university to come home. In 2001 and 2002 while I was travelling in the USA, the Lord taught me many things (my testimony about this time is attached). The end result was that I came home and put my efforts towards the following endeavours:
1. Helping Dad in his ministry to home educators;
2. Helping Mum with her work around the home;
3. Working on home-making skills;
4. Preparing for marriage;
5. Building and strengthening family relationships;
6. Deepening my relationship with God;
7. Encouraging other girls.
When I got back to New Zealand I noticed that while the Lord had been working in me while I was in the USA, He had also been working in my parents as well. As time went by, I noticed that He was working in other girls and other parents up and down the country too. What a blessing to discover that in this world where independence, individualism and selfishness are all encouraged, I was not alone in my efforts to reject the ways of the world and to try to discover a more Biblical path for daughters!
You are not alone either. There are many of us out here forging a path of visionary daughterhood (pioneering away with machete in hand to cut a path for ourselves-and girls to come-with Scripture and our parents as our guide and the occasional example of another girl from the USA or some other far off port!). Just think of the sweet fellowship we can have if we network together and get to know one another! It could encourage and strengthen us for the work we have in our role as daughters.
This is the purpose of these emails: fellowship and encouragement as well as exhortation. To this end I would love to send out the following sorts of things in these emails:
1. Articles, links, testimonies, book recommendations, quotes, etc.;
2. Teachings from our mothers and other Titus 2 women (and fathers too!);
3. Writings from my pen. I have been home for nearly four years and was anticipating going home for another year and a half prior to that. During that time I’ve experienced various feelings, thoughts, pressures, opportunities, persecutions, learning experiences, etc., that are likely to be felt by us all as we start on this path. I’d like to share what I have learned with you Issacharian Daughters!
4. Introductions from yourselves…not necessary…but it would be neat! You could simply give your name and general location. Or you could answer some or all of these questions too: Have you made the move home? What prompted it? What is your family structure like? What have you learned since coming home?
5. Responses you have to these emails; questions and answers on daughterhood.
These emails are under the oversight of my parents and due to their encouragement. It is my desire to primarily encourage you to honour and obey your parents. Please bear that in mind in any introductions, comments or questions you direct to me for inclusion in these emails.
For the Greater Glory of God through our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ,
Genevieve de Deugd
To view the whole article and to make the links live please click on the Heading.
Are you a young lady at home aged around 12 years or older? Then you are invited to join
New! Issacharian has a new ministry for girls called Issacharian Daughters. Issacharian Daughters is a free weekly email newsletter of encouragement and exhortation for young ladies at home. These emails are put together by Genevieve Smith under the oversight of her parents and include articles, poems, instruction from older women and Genevieve’s own writings on subjects such as helping fathers, assisting mothers, preparing for marriage, learning homemaking skills, strengthening family relationships, building your relationship with God, being Titus 2 women and more. To start receiving these emails simply send an email to genevieve [at] hef.org.nz with the words, “I would like to subscribe to the Issacharian Daughters Newsletter. “Below are the previous newsletters which have been sent out.
If you are not sure if you want to join (or want your daughter to join) feel free to visit http://www.issacharian.com/?page=daughters or more information