- You asked: We listened.
- You said you wanted more information about home educating
- You said you wanted a wider variety of topics
- You said you wanted the option of attending other workshops running at the same time as the main speaker
That seemed rather a tall ask only two weeks out from a major conference BUT, with the generous help of a number of volunteers, we have done it!
Firelight Saturday Workshops are all go!
It is the 11th of June, 2011
- 15 new workshops, taking the total to over TWENTY (our largest number of workshops ever!)
- A wide array of topics
- A wonderful bunch of workshops speakers – including one lady travelling all the way from Timaru
The Workshops cover three main tracks:
- PRACTICAL – the hands on nitty gritty and ‘how to’ info
- SECONDARY/TERTIARY – how to be prepared for this crucial time plus some of the options are available (includes important Cambridge update re 2012)
- SPECIAL INTEREST (my favourite!) – this selection of goodies will be the clincher for you, covering everything from the Wholefood Revolution to Sensory Integration Therapies to Aspergers and much more
If you are home educating, this conference is now even more unmissable!
The workshops run parallel to all the Keynote sessions so you have the option of either hearing Dr Wile or attending any workshop that suits you.
As well as the workshops, the conference also features:
- Spot prizes
- FREE Variety Concert on the Friday night – come and support our fellow home educators
- 11 Vendors – our biggest number ever!
- Optional Kids’ Programme
- FREE Morning and Afternoon tea
- And so much more
Take a look here at all the workshop titles:
You can also check out a complete description of all the workshops here:
But wait, there’s more!
Because of all the new workshops, we have extended the Earlybird deadline until FRIDAY 3 JUNE to give you time to make the necessary arrangements.
Please pass this onto anyone you know who is home educating or thinking of it – newbies, old hands, support groups, preschool organisations, Christian, non Christian alike, mums, dads etc.
Let’s make this conference the best Auckland conference ever! We look forward to seeing you there.
On behalf of the Firelight Foundation:
A not-for-profit organisation which exists to light the fire of inspiration among home educating families*