This is a reminder that the Getaway is in the not too distant future so now is the time to be booking it in on your calendar and booking your space at camp. Remember, you can camp for extra days if you want to. Some of our regular families spend a few extra days in camp enjoying an extended holiday time.
We had our biggest camp so far last Feb, so past the word around, share the love, and invite some more to join us in Feb 2016. Below is the brochure with all the details on it.
The Drinnan Clan
what’s happening …
The annual Christian Homeschoolers Family Summer Getaway is for Christian homeschooling families to connect with other families for mutual encouragement and friendship. It aims to be …
There’s nothing more encouraging than knowing we are not alone in this awesome task of discipling our children at home. Meeting with others who are going through the same triumphs and struggles can lift a tired soul! And how important it is, for our children to have like-minded friends.
This is a getaway for the whole family. Enjoy a weekend away or extend your time at the campsite and have a family holiday as well. This is not a camp/conference in the traditional sense, it is families relaxing together.
Raising a family on a single income is no easy task but God is faithful. So being mindful of this, we have chosen to go to a conventional campsite. There are limited cabins available also. We will let you organise your own family’s food which is much cheaper than paying someone else to cook it and you can meet your own budget requirements.
We have a programme of fun games and activities for the young and not so young, and of course, we are camped right on the shores of beautiful Lake Taupo for swimming, boating, etc! We have a hall on site for fellowship, Sunday morning devotional, or in case it rains.
7:00 pm Meet in function room, introduce each family
8:00 pm Supper
9:30 am Games for all who choose to participate
10:30 am Morning Tea
11:15 pm More Games
12:30 pm Lunch Break
1:30 pm Free time for swimming, fellowshipping, sightseeing, etc
6:00 pm Shared BBQ dinner by function room
7:00 pm Free time/board games in function room/swimming
Please pack up your cabin by 10am
10.00 am Devotional Hour – some singing and some sharing
11:30 am Final pack up of tents etc and last swim at lake
Murray & Sharon Drinnan firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a companion of all who fear You, and of those who keep Your precepts – Psalm 119:63
To book your camping requirements:
Go to www.motuterebay.co.nz
- Choose your preferred camping choice.
Arrival time – 2:00pm onwards Friday, 12 Feb 2016.Departure time – 11:30am Sunday, 14 Feb 2016
- Book directly with the camp for the weekend of 12-14 Feb 2016. Mention that you are with the Christian Homeschoolers Family Sumer Getaway.
- You are responsible for your deposit payment, and on arriving at camp, all outstanding payments.
- Tent sites are priced $18.00 per person over 14yrs. Children 5-14yrs $9.00. Under 5yrs $5.00. A limited number of cabins and flats are available. Prices are subject to change, please see website.
- Day visitors are welcome for Saturday. Cost: half price of tent site prices. Book directly with the camp. Mention that you are with the Christian Homeschoolers Family Summer Getaway. Please park in the visitors carpark and you are required to depart by 9:00pm.
- Please note that the showers and laundry facilities are coin operated. If you have any queries about the camp facilities, please ask them directly.
- Check out the website, it is a beautiful place to camp!
To register for the Christian Homeschoolers Family Summer Getaway:
- Send an email stating your intention to attend either the whole weekend or as day visitors on Saturday, and the number of adults and children, with their ages, to: email@example.com
- To cover the cost of hall hireage and games, pay $20 per family in cash at Getaway to Murray or Sharon
- You are responsible for preparing and bringing your own food, cutlery, plates, washing up, etc, for all your meals. The camp has very good kitchen facilities. For the Saturday night shared BBQ, bring your own meat and drinks for your family, and two plates of food (salads, potato dishes, for example) to share. We will provide a gas BBQ to cook the meat on.
- Please do not bring any alcohol to the Getaway.
- You are responsible for the supervision, care, and behaviour of your own children.
- You are responsible for all your camping needs e.g. tents, bedding, etc. 12 – 14 FEB 2016
Needing help for your home schooling journey: https://hef.org.nz/2011/
Here are a couple of links to get you started home schooling:
Information on getting started: https://hef.org.nz/
Information on getting an exemption: https://hef.org.nz/
This link is motivational: http://hef.org.
Exemption Form online: https://hef.org.nz/
Red Tape Cluster Buster Meetings and the Scoping Survey: https://hef.org.nz/2014/next-steps-deadline-8-december-2014/