Home Education Workshop Masterton
Saturday 20 June 2009
Venue: REAP HOUSE, 340 Queen street, Masterton
Cost: $15 per family or $5.00 per session
9am arrival and registration,
9:30am welcome by Jane (W.H.S.A co-ordinator)
10am session 1
1. Getting started – Barbara Smith
2. Preparing for an ERO visit – Craig Smith
11am morning tea and browse tables etc.
11:30am session 2
1. Activities with preschoolers –
2. Adventures in the living room – Erena Fussell
12:30 lunch (byo) browse tables etc.
1pm session 3
1. Choosing curriculum – Erena Fussell
2. Homeschooling the secondary years – Craig Smith
2pm afternoon tea and browse tables etc.
2:30pm session 4
1. Educating Children for English and Maths / recognizing and educating children with learning
issues – SPELD
2. Keeping going when the going gets tough – Craig and Barbara Smith
3:30pm discussion panel
4pm session 4 finishes