For Sale: Science – Biology, Chemistry, Physics
Prices reflect the state of the book. Lower prices means the book is old or book worn etc. Please ask if you would like to know more about any one book. Or email me email@example.com your phone number and I can give you a ring to discuss any book you might be interested in. (We are on a flat rate so phone calls don’t cost us anything.)
2. **BIOLOGY FOR FORM SIX** Heinemann Education By Mavis Haigh and Gail Thomson $5.00 Biology for Form six is an invaluable course companion and revision guide for Sixth Form Biology students. About A5 size 382 pages Soft cover $5.00
5. **A CHEMISTRY GUIDE BOOK** for University Entrance, Bursary and Scholarship. May Croucher and John Packer. A Chemistry guidebook is written for sixth and seventh form courses. With the trend to internal assessment at all levels of education it will be invaluable as a guidebook for students studying Chemistry at Universtiy Entrance, Bursary or Scholarship level. The book is divided in three parts: 1. Discussion of chemical principles illustrated with worked examples. 2. Questions grouped into the subject matter of Part One and coded for easy reference for students requiring sixth form, seventh form or scholarship level work. 3. Answers to the questions. S.I. units are used throughout the test. Detailed explanatory notes are given in the Preface and Introductions to Parts Two and Three. About A5 size 363 pages Soft cover $5.00
7. **THE SCIENCES** The Joy of Knowledge. The Sciences is a guide to the immense and intriguing wealth of scientific knowledge that is the product of centuries of study. With its help the reader can unravel the complexities of mathematics, physics and chemistry and gain an understanding of the scientific principles which play such an important part in our modern technological world. The clear straghtforward language used and the carefully planned colour diagrams and photographs made even the most difficult aspects of relativity theory easier for the non-scientist to grasp. A4 size 146 pages soft cover $10.00
8. **ORGANIC SYNTHESIS** Special Techniques VK Ahluwalia and Renu Aggarwal.This book describes the use of following special techniques in organic synthesis required by organic chemists: Phase transfer catalysis in organic synthesis; Crown ethers in organic synthesis; Microwave induced organic synthesis; Sonochemistry::Use of ultrasound in organic synthesis; Polymer supported reagents and synthesis. A brief discussion is made of the principle involved, methodology and procedures for typical preparation for each of the techniques. Senior graduates, postgraduates involved in reasearch and the scientists working in different laboratories, institutions and industries will find this book expremely useful. Larger than A5 size 200 pages Hard cover $5.00
11. **FORM 6 PHYSICS** 1997 edition D Burchill, A Binns and P Kinsler ESA Publication. About A5 size 409 pages Soft cover $5.00
12. **BIOORGANIC CHEMISTRY** Hermann Dugas A Chemical Approach to Enzyme Action Second Edition Springer-Verlag.The goal to bioorganic chemistry is to mimic biological processes such as enzme action through the synthesis of chemical models with the tools of the organic chemist and to understand their mode of action through a biomimetic approach. This testbook is especially suited for the final undergraduate or first-year graduate student in chemistry. biochemistry, medicinal chemistry, biological chemistry, and pharmacology. Larger than A5 size 651 pages Soft cover $5.00
13. Model Answers Year 3 Biology 2002, Student Resource and Activity Manual, $2.00 plus $1.00 postage
14. **Questions and Answers in elementary Organic Chemistry** By T Kitson, $5.00 plus $1.50 postage
15. **Atoms and Energy** New Horizon Library, A4 size 48 pages, Lots of colour photos, Dust cover a little damaged – dust cover and hard cover identical, $5.00 plus $3.00 postage
Also check out: http://hef.org.nz/books-secondhand/
Prices reflect the state of the book. Lower prices means the book is old or book worn etc. Please ask if you would like to know more about any one book. Or email me your phone number and I can give you a ring to discuss any book you might be interested in. (We are on a flat rate so phone calls don’t cost us anything.)
Will work out postage when you let me know what you would like.
MORE BOOKS TO COME………..