Craig Smith of the Home Education Foundation and face behind the Home Education Q&A channel introduces himself. A participator in the home education movement for over 30 years, Craig was a pioneer and leader in the movement in New Zealand. He was the husband of Barbara and father to four natural, three adopted and one permanently fostered child under a guardianship arrangement and six grandchildren. His youngest child was born in 2005 so he planned to be in the game for many more years to come. He was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer 4 August 2011 and went to glory 30 September 2011. To find out more about home educating: https://hef.org.nz To find out about Craig’s fight with cancer: https://hef.org.nz/2011/craig-smith-26-january-1951-to-30-september-2011/
Recorded 6 September 2011
Please click on links below to view video.
- How do I deal with the MOE/ERO?
- How do I pull my children out of school? Part 1
- How do I pull my children out of school? Pt 2
- What are the tools of learning?
- How do I keep going when the going gets tough?
- How do I develop my own curriculum?
- How do I choose a curriculum
- How do I create my own library?
- What are the three kinds of people?
- Is it possible to discipline children in an undisciplined society?
- What’s wrong with school?
- What is home education?