This year we have a new entry category – Guided Experimental. Entries in this category will be experimental but not novel. This means that you can get an experimental guideline from a book or the internet and follow the instructions. You then present your results and conclusions in a poster. The Guided Experimental category will not be judged in detail for entry into the Auckland Schools Fair but will still be judged. The categories are therefore as follows:· Observational – a display about a science project
· Guided Experimental – an experiment where you followed instructions
· Novel Experimental – a new experiment that you designed yourself
· Technology – an innovative piece of technology that you have designed yourself.
The first 2 categories will be judged the morning of the Fair.
The last 2 categories will be judged in detail the evening before (Thursday 29 July).
Here are some things you will need to do in preparation for the Auckland Home Educators Science & Technology Fair:
2. Decide on a topic – you can do this any time now
3. Decide what you are going to find out and how you will find this out –All this deciding might take a couple of weeks
4. Do a pilot study – this might take 3 weeks
5. Plan the final project – might take another week
6. Do the project – might take another 3 weeks
7. Design your display board – might take 1 week
8. Decide what goes on your display board – might take 1 week
9. Do your display board – might take two weeks – printing and getting photos the right size