What is this Scoping Survey?
The deadline for this Scoping Survey is Friday, 3 October. But they don’t have a time so that means midnight. They wont be working over the weekend so we actually have until early morning on the 6th to get the Scoping Survey or an email back.
1. We are still hearing about people who have not heard about this Scoping Survey from the MoE. Everyone did not get an email, the MoE put it up on their website for all the other home educators to find out about it. Home Educators do not go to the MoE website so it is up to us to get the word out to people. So if the home education group you belong to, whether it is a local support group, Yahoo group, Facebook page, Forum or blogs that you are on, have not mentioned this MoE Scoping Survey then please post this link so that more can hear about it.
2. There are some home educators still talking about not filling out the survey or sending in an email. Already a lot of home educators have sent in the survey or an email to the MoE. We don’t know what people are saying so if you have any particular concerns or thoughts about the future then please make them known as they might not be mentioned by anyone else. To find out why home educators should fill out this Scoping Survey and to feel a bit better about doing so and to get some ideas to stimulate your thinking for filling out the Scoping Survey click on this link: https://hef.org.nz/2014/moe-problem-scoping-survey-please-make-it-known/
Some people have sent me a copy of their emails that they have sent into the MoE and there are some fantastic emails with some very good suggestions even more suggestions than I have suggested in this link:https://hef.org.nz/2014/moe-problem-scoping-survey-please-make-it-known/. Come up with your own ideas and suggestions. Talk about any difficult times you have had with the MoE over recent years. Come up with a new email address and send your Scoping Survey into the MoE in an email address specifically for this survey or send your Scoping Survey to NCHENZ or to me and we will send it in, if you want to remain anonymous. I have already received a BCC email from some-one sending in their Scoping Survey in an anonymous email. It was just what the MoE needs to be hearing from you. The anonymous email was all about their struggles in getting an exemption and how that affected their family and particularly their child.
Addresses for sending the Scoping Survey back:
snail mail: Lucy Ambrose, 45-47 Pipitea St, Wellington
phone: 04 463 8946 | Ext 48946
or look for the addresses in Jim Greening’ letter.
– MoE discussions introduction to the Red Tape Cluster Buster meetings
– Preparation for the MoE discussions with Red Tape Cluster Buster meetings and relevant for the Problem Scoping Survey
– Discussions home educators had online at Clutter buster group or (for ease of reading as not everyone can get onto the Google docs) here…https://hef.org.nz/coming-
– Record of Progress and Achievement (an example of the new National MoE office staff understanding home educators)
– Truancy and the Home Schooler/Home Educator (another success with the National Office in that Megan showed us alternatives)
Please share/forward this link with other home educators.
From the Smiths:
Updated 1 October 2014: Three years on (Craig Smith’s Health) page 7 click here
Needing help for your home schooling journey:
Here are a couple of links to get you started home schooling:
Information on getting started: https://hef.org.nz/
Information on getting an exemption: https://hef.org.nz/
This link is motivational: http://hef.org.
Exemption Form online: https://hef.org.nz/